Being Indonesian, rice is my staple food. Unfortunately, my Canadian husband is not a big fan of rice. But he does like curry. Solution: cook him some curried rice!
1 cup of rice, cooked
3 shallots or ¼ onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Heat vegetable oil in a wok. Use medium heat. Don't have a wok? Try frying pan, but it might get messy.
2. Put the minced shallots (or onion) and garlic into the wok and cook until soft.
3. Throw in the curry powder and pepper. Mix well.
4. Break the eggs into the wok. Scrambled.
5. Throw in the cooked rice. Mix well.
6. Put some salt, mix well, and it's ready to serve!
We started eating immediately and soon our plates were empty. Hence no pictures of the result in this entry. It was really that good. :) The picture of a false sunflower above will have to do it. Hey, at least the colour of the flower is similar to the colour of the curried rice!
Oh, I forgot to write the last step. Turn off the stove!