I probably should've wished you a happy new year with yesterday's post but the day was kind of blah (as in grey and snowy) yesterday it just didn't feel appropriate. Today, however, is sunny and the sky is blue. The kind of day you'd wish other people good things and really mean it, so happy new year, everyone!
So, I have plans for this year. I'd rather call it plans instead of resolutions because it's okay for plans to fall through while resolutions you have to keep or you'll feel bad otherwise. I don't have too many plans at the moment since I'm one of those plan-as-I-go people but as of now I have plans to (in no particular order):
- shoot more with film cameras, especially now that I'm a proud owner of a beautiful Hasselblad 500C/M medium format SLR camera;
- get at least one more A12 film back for the Hasselblad;
- get a manual Canon 35mm film camera (Canon AE-1 or A-1) that works (my ancient Canon FTb doesn't work too well) with a f/1.2 or f/1.4 lens or find a fast M-42 lens for my Pentax and Praktica SLR cameras;
- do some research on renting space to do a solo show (if I feel confident enough, unless someone is generous enough to provide free space for my solo show *hint, hint*);
- learn how to use my brand new Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC ultra wide angle lens properly with my year-old Canon Rebel XTi (thank God for generous husbands);
- decide which cameras to bring to our trip to the Canadian Maritimes ahead of time instead of the day before the trip;
- enjoy the beautiful views during the trip instead of after the trip while browsing the pictures from it;
- call my family back in Indonesia at least once a month (I really suck at keeping in touch);
- go to more music concerts;
- redesign this blog.
Wow. I didn't know I had that many plans. I think I've already had enough plans to last me a whole year! I was going to add "have less nightmares" to the list but sadly I have no control over my dreams. Last night I had a nightmare in which I was back in high school. It was horrible. I truly hated high school. I've never felt more invisible than I was back in high school. So many superficial rich brats. They were worse than zombies! At least zombies would notice people who had brain. Heh. I know, bad joke.
Happy new year once again!